Location:Chicago, IL, US
Employee Type:Contract to Hire . Pay Rate:$16.00 – $17.00 /Hour
Looking to add 4 customer service reps to their team to start on March 25th – these roles are 12 month contract to hires, and are 100% virtual work from home positions.
The company is headquarterd out of Chicago, IL but this position will not require any travel. All training will be virtual.
– Commercial payer experience (BCBS, Cigna, Aetna)
– Answering phone calls dealing with multiple insurance plans
– 2-4+ years in call center environment with third party administrator, health insurance, or employee benefits company
– Have to have experience with commercial plans, all plans are different, so must have experience working with multiple commercial plans at one time
– Deductible, eligibility, for benefits
– Home Office Requirements – Employee must be able to provide an appropriate safe, ergonomically correct and free of distractions office space, in which to work. DSL or Business class cable is required and at employee’s cost, company provides computer.
– Comprehend and utilize computer systems and call center applications
– Must answer 75% or higher correct of customer service questions (On interview, customer service manager will ask a series of questions dealing with customer service experience, see below under interview questions)
– Type 35 WPM
– Microsoft Office and computer literate
– College degree preferred but not required
Interact with plan members and providers in a virtual setting using VOIP to answer questions or provide information in response to inquiries about employee benefit plans or claim issues; and be able to handle and resolve issues and complaints resulting from the calls. Plan members may be either English or Spanish speaking.
-Speaking with members and providers over the phone will receive up to 75 calls per day
-Provides information about employee benefit plans (health, dental, vision) claim issues, obtain details of inquiries, may confer with Spanish speaking members
-Will be working with members calling in about multiple different plans so will need to be able to multi-task and adapt quickly to the different callers
-Keep records of inquiries, questions, complaints, comments, and any actions taken
-Problem solve customer issues, respond to inquiries and notify claim investigation results/any planned adjustments to members or providers
-Transfer unresolved issues to designated departments for further investigation
-Check repositories for receipt of claims and other faxed/mailed info upon receipt of member/provider call
-Complete adjustment request forms, accident detail forms, other insurance forms, change of address records
-Obtain and examine information of complaints and determine possible causes (such as participant’s eligibility, timely filing of claim, or members benefit plan design)
-Review employee benefit plan and determine whether benefits are covered by the plan; review claim adjustments
-Be able to take a minimum of 50-75 calls per day